Last updated: January, 27 2011.
What Personal Information About Customers Does World By Shotglass Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at World By Shotglass. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way.You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Examples include your email address and certain preferences pertaining to your website usage.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from World By Shotglass if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does World By Shotglass Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our company, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not share customer information with any of our affiliated partners and contributors and all of the customer information remains private.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of World By Shotglass customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Protection of World By Shotglass and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions Of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of World By Shotglass, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. We currently use PayPal for both PayPal customers and non-PayPal subscribers.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Although World By Shotglass does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for classical music). If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please let us know.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain World By Shotglass features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know. (If you do not want to receive Conditions Of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of World By Shotglass, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please let us know.
Are Children Allowed to Use World By Shotglass?
World By Shotglass does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use World By Shotglass only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit World By Shotglass, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions Of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York. If you have any concern about privacy at World By Shotglass, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions Of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service or use forum or message boards. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through World By Shotglass; provide information in ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to update our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.